I'm a couple weeks late in this post... It was the end of August that I started seeing the tomatoes ripening in small bunches, and the beans were first being harvested as well. I've picked 3 (soon to be 4) zucchinis off the plants too.
The cherry tomatoes are going NUTS which is great because with two kids under 5 who love to eat them, and me, who loves to load them into salads, we've got plenty to go around. I may even have enough to can a batch or two for sauce!
| Bringing in one of these dry pints every few days... |
While the beans have been growing *really* well now, I've found that their planting was probably unnecessary since we've been getting a pound from the CSA each week for the last several. Their beans are more desirable in flavor and texture when cooked, and I've found the my kids don't eat the ones I've grown unless they picked them and are eating them raw.
| Fun to watch growing, not so great eating. :( |
| First Mama Leone tomato! |
Pumpkin pumpkin who spots the pumpkin?? This guy is just starting to show a *tinge* of orange (picture taken a week ago).
Also finally blooming are the sunflowers our neighbor gave us. They are absolutely beautiful and I'm finding I love them more and more each time I go out and see they are *still* blooming. I've already decided they will be a regular part of our yard from here on out as the kids really like seeing them grow as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment