Finally figured out what I'm going to do with this blog... I think it's well suited to be my space for everything related to my ever-blossoming garden skills.
I've been interested in growing my own food for...well...forever really. As a kid I never had a garden- but always wanted one- and would attempt to grow random things whenever possible (like the pepper plant from my science class at school). Mostly they shriveled up and died from being planted in an unsuitable location or from the neglect of a busy teen (oops), or I'd get food from them that no one ate (like green beans- I know, crazy right?). But now that I am grown, with a family of my own- I know better! That's not to say that I'm really knowledgeable when it comes to growing my own garden, and given that I just moved to a new part of the state with a totally different climate, I'm sure I'm in for some big surprises. But this will be my place to share my glories, bitch and moan over what didn't go right, and most of all- a place for me to chronicle everything that happened so that hopefully the next year I can do it even better.
Comments are of course, welcome! Thanks for stopping by.
No comments:
Post a Comment