The pictures below are from March 30th.
Broccoli, Cauliflower & tomato starts. I made the mistake of putting my broccoli and cauliflower outside recently and two plants succumbed to the elements.
Fall planted garlic is growing like crazy! I may not know what to do with it all....
I have this bush in my backyard that has been hacked to pieces (both by me, and the former owners of our home). I had no idea what it was and was only attempting to prune it into some sort of shape when a friend came over and said, "oh look! Your forsythia is blooming!". My whuuuut???? I was super happy to finally know what it was!
I decided this Spring I'd focus on doing some front yard planting; something I had avoided doing in the past both because it required me to be out front gardening with my kids which is a no-win situation, and because I have neighbors who do not care how often their kids trample on plants or pick flowers. Anyway, I figure as everyone is a little *older* now, I may be able to have some plants survive - perhaps with a little reminding of how to care for them. Pictures above is one of four columbines I planted. Not pictured are the red and white variety.
Lenten Rose
Purple anemone. Not pictured are the scarlet variety.
My bleeding heart (planted last Spring) has returned! I bought a second to plant along with it.
All of the above pictures are of plants in this shade garden area. Also in here are a few aspen trees (trunks showing), a purple azalea (right side) and a pink rhododendron (left side). Mixed in are a couple peonies, some ferns, and a few hostas.
This plant area borders our neigbhors yard, and actually the far right edge of it is actually in their yard. On a whim I purchased a bunch of bulbs (clearance priced!) including daffodils, tulips & hyacinth. Then I purchased some low-water rock garden type plants that will spread and grow low underneath the cinquefoil bushes that are also in there. So far, except for my own children's sticky fingers, the flowers are doing really well!
No comments:
Post a Comment